Forest City Gear Deemed Essential Business, Continues Operations Amidst Coronavirus
March 24, 2020
Dear Valued Business Partner,
We at Forest City Gear hope you and your families are staying safe and following all recommended CDC COVID-19 precautions. Safety is our top priority!
During this time of uncertainty surrounding the Coronavirus (COVID-19), Forest City Gear’s top concern is the health and safety of our employees and their families, customers, suppliers, and our community.
Following Governor Pritzker’s “Shelter in Place” order on Friday 3/20/20: Forest City Gear is considered an essential business and will not shut down any portion of our business. We will continue to stay open to ensure the viability of our business partners and help ensure critical goods will continue being provided. If you have encountered or anticipate interruptions or changes in your deliveries or requirements, we request that you please share the information with Forest City Gear as soon as possible.
As of Monday, 3/16/2020, the following adjustments to our normal business activities have been implemented regarding travel and on-site visits:
- Temporarily suspending customer and supplier visits to Forest City Gear
- Temporarily suspending Forest City Gear visits to all customers and suppliers
- Any emergencies that require on-site visits will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis
- We have taken several internal precautions to minimize risk and exposure
- All normal business activities and manufacturing operations currently are not impacted; we will continue our shipping and receiving operations as usual
- In the event our operations are impacted by COVID-19 exposure, we will notify all suppliers and customers immediately and advise of any mitigating actions that will be taken
- We are in the process of communicating this message to all our business partners and will continue to update them with any future notifications that may impact their deliveries
As this public health crisis remains to be very fluid and changing daily, we will continue to be diligent and adjust our continuity plans as needed.
Thank you for your patience and understanding during these uncharted times.
Kika Young, on behalf of the entire Forest City Gear Family
February 15, 2023
October 21, 2022